Most people want to stay active, independent, and in their own homes in later life. We want to make that wish come true. WISH is a free program that connects you to community-based health care and other support services, so you can remain independent and out of the hospital.
- Have a conversation with a health coach
- Think about your health needs
- Get a plan to help you live well and remain in your home
- Receive free-of-charge language interpretation
- No co-pays or out-of-pocket fees apply
Make a Referral
If you know someone who could benefit from health coaching, at no cost, tell them about the program and explain that you would like to make a referral. Then, complete the WISH referral form with the individual, or contact the WISH coordination specialist at 301-628-3177.
How to Identify Seniors At Risk of Declining Health
Refer your clients to WISH if they are age 65+ and
- Are growing more and more frail
- Have difficulty doing daily activities
- Seem confused
- Have a change in activity level
- Have a change in family and social support structure
- Have a change in financial support
- Had a recent fall or are afraid of falling
- Called 911 or had a recent hospital stay
What to Tell Seniors About WISH
- WISH is a program to help people who are 65+ stay healthy and live independently in the community
- A skilled Health Coach will talk with you about your health goals
- You may get health coaching to help stay active, independent, and out of the hospital
- Health coaching from WISH is available at no cost; we will not bill you or your insurance
- Free, in person language interpretation is available
- May I ask someone from the program to contact you?
- WISH is supported and endorsed by the six hospitals serving this community.
Make a Referral
WISH is Free and Confidential
Do you know someone that could benefit from health coaching?
What Happens After Making a Referral?
People referred to WISH will be called by a Coordination Specialist, who will ask a few questions to make sure they meet the program eligibility requirements. Those who are eligible will receive a free, in home visit from a Health Coach.
What is WISH?
WISH provides free, confidential health coaching for people age 65+ living independently in the community. While many people remain active and engaged in later life, older adults are at risk for a variety of health problems.
Read more >>
To make a referral or learn more about WISH, call 301-628-3177. Language interpretation is available free of charge.